MNT-3111 Introduction to Welding:
(class 1 of 2)
This course is a prerequisite for the Quick Careers Welding (MIG) Course. It is an introduction to basic welding processes.
This 64-hour training includes:
- 10 hours Safety
- 20 hours Measurement, basic hand tools, grinding bevels on plate, clamp, and fit-up
- 34 hours GMAW Process & Theory, Machine Operation, and Welding
Introduction to Welding (class 1 of 2):
Course Code: MNT-3111-Q21
Date: 3/14/18 – 4/19/18, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday
Time: 5:30p – 9:30p
Location: CTC – Community Training Center, Jamestown Campus
Room #: 115
Cost: $188 plus cost of books & tools
A tool list will be distributed on the first day of class. It is the responsibility of each student to acquire all the tools on the list. At the beginning of the second day of class, students must have the required tools.
$600.00 approx. for Welding Kit if purchased from the Jamestown Campus Bookstore. Cost may be higher if supplies purchased separately.
$180.00 cost of the book.
Students are expected to have all required books at the start of class.
Contact the GTCC Bookstore. 336-454-1126; Ext. 50050
WLD-3106 Welding – GMAW (“MIG”):
(class 2 of 2)
This course introduces gas metal arc welding (GMAW). Topics include equipment setup and fillet and groove welds with emphasis on application of GMAW electrodes on carbon steel plate. Upon completion, students should be able to perform fillet welds on carbon steel with prescribed electrodes in the flat, horizontal, and overhead positions.
This 120-hour training includes:
- Safety & Health of Welders
- Welding Symbol Interpretation
- Identification of the various electrode classifications
- Selection and set up of gas metal arc welding equipment
- Identification of the various weld defects and discontinuities
- Identification, preparation and fit-up of the various joint configurations
- Identification of GMA welding equipment parts
- Use of basic hand and power tools
- Performance of various welding exercises with GMAW equipment
MIG Welding (class 2 of 2):
Course Code: WLD-3106-Q21
Date: 4/24/18 – 5/10/18, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Time: 5:30p – 9:30p
Location: WLD, Jamestown Campus
Room #: Shop
Cost: $188 plus cost of books & supplies