Professional Therapeutic Massage Program
The program consists of three modules and student clinic training:
- Module I/Massage Therapy I – will lay the foundation for Therapeutic Massage by outlining History, Body Mechanics, and indications/contraindications for Massage, and basic Swedish strokes for relation.
- Module II/Massage Therapy II – will focus on how to treat more specific concerns by taking parts of the body and various pathologies commonly treated with therapeutic massage.
- Module III/Neuromuscular Therapy American Version – will focus on pain management techniques known as NMT™ American Version™. This method is well recognized in the medical field in such professions as chiropractic, orthopedic, and sports medicine. Students will leave our program with a certification in this method to make them even more marketable when seeking work.
- Student Clinic – will provide each student with real life experience working with the public.
Successful Completion of the program qualifies the student to sit for the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (Mblex) as part of the North Carolina Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy Licensing requirements to become a licensed Massage Therapist in North Carolina.
Program Admission Policy
To be accepted in GTCC’s Therapeutic Massage Program, an individual MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA AND MUST COMPLETION AN APPLICATION PACKET:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or equivalency
- Score at least a 10th grade reading level on the Test for Basic Adult Education (TABE)
- Provide three letters of reference
- Have an entrance interview
- Attend an orientation session
- Starting April/May 2018
Day program – Nine months in length (Monday, Wednesday, Friday OR Wednesday, Thursday, Friday —- from 9am – 4pm).
- Starting April/May 2018
Evening program – 14 months in length (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday OR Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday —- from 6pm – 9pm AND Every 3rd Saturday —– from 9am – 4pm).
Cost of the Program:
- Module I Course Registration Fee: $392.50 due prior to program beginning
- Student Clinic Course Registration Fee: $188.00 due before clinic start
- Module II Course Registration Fee: $376.00 due prior to starting Module II
- Module III Course Registration Fee: $308.00 due prior to starting Module III
- Book Cost: $500.00 * book prices may vary
- Other Required Student Supplies $250.00
- (Navy scrubs, linens, professional massage) Total Investment: $2,014.50
For more information about the Professional Therapeutic Massage Program at GTCC, contact us at: (336) 334-4822; Ext. 55012 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Location: GTCC Main Campus – Business Hall Building Office 113, 601 East Main Street, Jamestown, NC 27282