“Guiding Students to Opportunities to Achieve Lifelong Success”
We are excited to announce a new opportunity for Academic & Career readiness students:Basic Skills Plus. A dynamic program designed to equip students with a competitive edge in today’s employment market.
Qualified students (based on CASAS and TABE scores) are able to participate in interactive class settings designed to reinforce critical thinking, self-motivation, team work and many more skillsets focused on setting students on a path to continuous learning. Students are supported by an advisor, whom will guide them step by step as they participate in the various programs in adult education and beyond. Students that are interested have the opportunity to consider additional benefits, such as enrolling in the Basic Skills Plus (BSKP) program.
The Basic Skills Plus mission is to empower people through personal education achievements and life-long skills.
Classes are designed to:
· Build a foundation for further education and better employment opportunities.
· Instruct on life-long skills that are vital for a successful future.
· Prepare students to re-enter the work force with occupational certifications.
· Obtain access to achieve additional credentials and advanced education.
Qualified students are enrolled in both High School Equivalency and selected Guilford Technical Community College courses at the same time.
Tuition – Free!
Students may be eligible for a fee waiver for approved continuing education classes. Currently, the waiver is available for the following programs:
· Be enrolled in classes to earn a high school equivalency (AHS, GED or Hi-SET)
· Meet certain educational requirements
· Be 18 years of age or older
Contact Trina Jones at 336-334-4822 ext. 53120 or Email:email@example.com begin to ensure you’re on the best path toward your career choice.
Prior to enrollment in the program all students must attend an orientation class.
For more information regarding orientation days and times please contact the Adult Education offices
Greensboro campus: (336) 334-4822, ext. 53107
High Point campus: (336) 454-1126, ext. 55087